Saturday, July 11, 2009

First cuke of the season!



So here it is... my first cucumber of the season! And it was yummy! Asha loved it as well, it's hard to get her to eat veggies at times but when she helps mommy pick it out of the garden then she enjoys eating it. Hopefully I will have many more cucumbers growing, right now I only have two healthy cucumber plants that are producing fruit because the birds ate the rest!


I have learned a lot about gardening this year and am calling this a training experience... next year I hope to have much more success. I was planning on planting corn and sunflowers this year but I didn't get it out in time since my garden wasn't prepped and ready. I will get it all ready in the fall this year so that it will be easier for me next year.


As an aside, I know I haven't been writing much lately. I have been feeling the pressure

that each blog entry has to be witty and funny... I've started many posts without finishing them because they don't seem worthy. I'm hoping I can just let it go and enjoy this experience of sharing my thoughts with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment