Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yummy Three-Minute Cupcakes

So this morning I was having a chocolate craving (what else is new, and no, I am not pregnant again)... so I decided to try a recipe for chocolate cupcakes that are baked in the microwave. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to bake, but I've never tried to do so in my microwave. I've been wanting to try this ever since I saw the recipe since they are done in three minutes, and the recipe is for only six cupcakes so it's just enough for our small family or a few friends. They turned out pretty flat, and square shaped since I don't have a microwave safe muffin tin, but overall they taste great so who cares!



Here is the recipe:


1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1/4 tsp baking powder

1 egg

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup milk


Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Pour into six paper liners and cook in microwave oven at 80% power for 3 minutes.


I whipped up some buttercream frosting and threw on a few sprinkles, and ta-da! We're done! (I actually made these while on the phone with my mom, they were done and the kitchen cleaned up before we were finished our 40 minute conversation.)


Now, if anyone knows of any other great microwave recipes, I'd love to hear them. Especially if you know of any vanilla cupcake recipes, I'd love to try it!


NOTE: I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave, so I'm not sure if it would work in all microwaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment