Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Well, here it is. My second Mother's Day. I have heard many touching and inspirational things in the last week, so I thought I would share some of my favorites:

*****

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me "mommy"

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. - Sophia Loren

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. ~Aristotle

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. ~Chinese Proverb

*****

It's true what everyone says that you just don't know what your own mother did for you until you become a mother yourself. And you hope that over time you can learn to become as good a mother as your own was, and still is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment